Old 30-09-2007, 11:03 AM posted to aus.gardens
Jonno[_9_] Jonno[_9_] is offline

Default Tomatoes in Melb

Jonno wrote:

Jonno wrote:
Look the best thing to do is plant them,(In a warm spot near a sunny
wall preferred) but shelter/cover them at night, from cold and wind,
keep em watered. Not a real problem. Not any fertiliser though, that
happens when the plants start growing. No high in nitrogen stuff.
Mine are in. The ones which are not protected are sulking, the ones that
are are doing better. I live in Bundoora Melbourne Vic.
Two foot isnt nearly enough. Try ten feet or so.
Staycalm wrote:
I was wondering if it's too early to plant tomato seedlings? The
weather is still unpredictable but we don't get many frosts here even
in winter.
Also how far away should I plant them from where they were last time.
Is a foot or two enough?

Liz