Old 01-10-2007, 12:36 PM posted to aus.gardens
Claude[_1_] Claude[_1_] is offline

Default Thrips tormenting me!

Can anyone help? This is the first year I've put in roses and have become
obsessed with them. All my good work seems to be being undone by massive
numbers of thrips! I've tried white oil, but the plants didn't look so happy
afterwards (and it didn't annhilate them as I had hoped). It was suggested
to me that I should just squash them with my fingers but that'd have me
working day and night to get them all. Any suggestions out there? I'm
despairing as I see my new rose buds eaten into by these predators!!