Old 02-10-2007, 02:20 AM posted to aus.gardens
Jonno[_9_] Jonno[_9_] is offline

Default Cheap Source of Barley Straw?

Im not sure but I think ordinary straw may do the trick.Google it first
though.

wrote:
I've got an algae problem in my pond and I'm having hassles finding a cheap source of barley straw in Sydney. Bunnings sell 100
gram packs for around $20, but that is an outrageous ripoff. I can't see why it shouldn't cost the same as sugar cane, common
straw or lucerne. The few remaining nurseries around here don't stock barley straw. Any ideas where I might get a bale of it?

Thanks.