Old 02-10-2007, 01:18 PM posted to aus.gardens
Jonno[_9_] Jonno[_9_] is offline

Default My gardening day so far

Wednesday, Rain coming, nice day temp gone back to 18 or so.
Still you were right a great day for planting seeds and weeding and
teaching the kids that gardening is fun.
Put in sweet corn myself, transplanted the "composted" pumpkin seeds my
wife disposed of in the middle of my vege garden, into the middle of her
flower garden, and cleaned up all the potatoes plants springing up where
she had "composted " those. Then put in french beans, and have to put in
lettuce and carrots, and peas yet. That will wait, I will put them into
punnets, and plant them when the cabbages and caulies are finished. May
have to plant the carrots directly, oh what the hey, we'll see if we
cant transplant those too. Jest fur fun! Er' where can I get a twenty
foot punnet. (grin!)

Those damn pigeons though, keep digging them peas up. Out with the
shanghai for some target practise.... "Oi you cant do that " from the
missus.. "Theyre illegal" "So are the pigeons" I reply, as they
disappear in a puff of feathers. HE He He havent lost my touch!! Lovely
day here in Melbourne! Now if they'd only left the Victoria Bitter
alone. We'd wouldn be drinking the imported Aldi stuff..

Chookie wrote:
In article ,
"Staycalm" wrote:

It's just beautiful here in sunny Melbourne. A little windy and we need more
rain...
However, I am enjoying pottering about.

Sounds like a lovely day. I spent my day at work, and tomorrow is going to be
a stinker, so no gardening much for me...