Old 04-10-2007, 03:21 AM posted to aus.gardens
Terryc Terryc is offline

Default Broad beans questions

Staycalm wrote:
I planted my beans a few months back and they are growing well. They have
lots of white flowers down the stems and most leaves look healthy. My
question is: when do the beans grow, how long should it take to crop and how
do I actually pick them? This is a new crop for me.

The flowers get fertilised.
They start to grow a been pod.
Imagine a pea pod, but the pods inside are bigger and have flat sides.
Nope, they do not stack like life savers but the other way.

SWMBO'd says we planed ours beginning of June and they have been
flowering for weeks. Beginning of August.

We have only had a couple of feeds for 2 of the small pods (6" long) so far.

Other people seem to grow things better and faster than we do, so yours
might be quicker.