Old 04-10-2007, 01:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Cat(h) Cat(h) is offline

Default Can I design something that will be useful while gardening?

On Oct 4, 12:51 pm, "'Mike'" wrote:
"designmea" wrote in message

Hi, im a final year 3D Design student at University College Falmouth in
Cornwall. Im looking for my next project, and was wondering if anyone
on this forum would be willing to help me out?

Well as you will have seen Holly, in general........ 'no'. :-((

Im looking for someone to design something for. This person doesnt
neccessarily have to have a product in mind, they just need to be
willing to share a little information about their lifestyle and
interests, gardening for example!

You will have noticed that gardening has come very low on the list of
replies. I agree it was a 'for example' so you no doubt expected it to be
low on suggestions. However the suggestion I have emaile you will give you a
bit of headscraching to do :-)

Please have a look at my website for more details:

Now this is where the urglers have really gone to town. They have NOT
grasped that you are not asking for critisism about your website. They feel
that you should re design it to their liking!! But here you have a couple of
problems. 1. You are not a web designer and you are NOT asking people to
design their website and 2. There are so many argumentative people here, you
will NEVER EVER design a web site to please all of them.

www.designmea.moonfruit.com

Is a site which is satisfactory to you and passes the message out that you
are looking for something to design. You achieved number one in selling,
Attention. number two is interest. Unfortunatley, the subscribers to this
newsgroup found something else to 'interest' them ......... having a go at
you!! Join the club!!

Or contact me through this forum!

Be brave Holly, stick your head above the parapet and face them :-)) but
don't take it in a 'personal' manner. They are ALL experts at everything and
were all born with the knowledge they have now. Just envy them, .... or not
as the case may be :-))

Thanks, Holly

Best wishes for your future and face the 'human challenge's as part of life
:-))

Mike

I saw no-one having a go at the young lady.
I saw plenty of feed back at the shop window (website) she uses to
promote her project - some positive, some negative - which she might
just see for what it is, constructive criticism which is helpful to
her. As a designer, it is important that she would get a real feel
for the response of her audience to what she designs, even her
website, surely?
And if she delivers on my permanent weeding hoe, she's guaranteed to
become a gazillionnaire, and even more worthwhile, my eternal
gratitude ;-)

Cat(h) (so lighten up a smidgen, eh?)