Old 04-10-2007, 03:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default Can I design something that will be useful while gardening?

On 4/10/07 13:24, in article lid, "Stewart Robert
Hinsley" wrote:

In message . com,
"Cat(h)" writes
And if she delivers on my permanent weeding hoe, she's guaranteed to
become a gazillionnaire, and even more worthwhile, my eternal
gratitude ;-)

A how with a reservoir (which you can fill up with glyphosate solution)
which is connected to the working surface by capillary tubes?

I suspect that getting the delivery rate correct (and efficient) is
non-trivial, and that there's likely to be a problem with the delivery
tubes getting clogged at the outlet end.

We don't have the hoe bit but we do have a long plastic tube which can be
filled with weed killer. A piece of rope or somesuch goes across the bottom
of the head of the tube, absorbs the weed killer and allows it to be
selectively dabbed onto plants very safely.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk