Old 05-10-2007, 03:42 AM posted to aus.gardens
Staycalm Staycalm is offline

Default Snow peas versus cucumber in Melb

"David Hare-Scott" wrote in message

"Staycalm" wrote in message
Last year I had a really successful crop of burpless cucumbers over

summer.
I grew them on some trellised wire running across the veggie patch. I

think
my lovely snow peas are coming to an end (less flowers, the pods are

curling
rather than flat) and I really want to get the cucumbers going soon.
Is it near time to pull out the snow peas?
Can I plant the cucumbers in the same spot as last summer, after soil
improvement, etc?
Is it too early for seedlings or should I try seed?
Cheers
Liz

Have the best of both. Start your cucumbers in seedling tubes, one per
tube. In a few weeks the peas will be finished and you can put in the
cucumbers without translant shock. While rotation is a benefit, if you
don't have room to rotate it will not be instant death.

David

Thanks. I think I will do that.
Cheers
Liz