Old 06-10-2007, 02:39 AM posted to aus.gardens
Jonno[_9_] Jonno[_9_] is offline

Default Love the lack of water dont you?

The thing you say that stick out is ALP debt. They spend more than they
can earn?
Surely it is what all the politicians do, they have their palms greased
with money?
That would apply to both parties.
As far as degrees is concerned, these people appear to come from legal
circles, which means they know how to make thing legal, without getting
caught with their fingers in the till, that means dealing with
kickbacks. Somewhere there is a clause in our English background where
legal people were not supposed to be part of the government for that
very thing. Knowing how to subvert the laws. We see examples of it like
Brian Burke, Honest John Bjelke Peterson Various Ex Victorian premiers
etc...
Honest politicians (there are such people!) a conflict in terms, get put
on the backbench when they are found out to be honest. Look at John
Anderson ex deputy prime minister. His comments on speed cameras (ABC)
were not well received and he was removed shortly afterwards.
Desalination plants use too much in the way of green house dependent
power. The only way we can stop the temporary greenhouse gases is to use
nuclear, and No one except the nuclear power station builders are too
keen on the China syndrome type of scene. Chernoble and Japans latest
problem spring to mind. What is powering WA's desalination plants?

jh wrote:
On Fri, 05 Oct 2007 13:14:29 +1000, Jonno
wrote:

The powers that be, who put the infrastructure in place, sold our water
utilities, stopped making dams, made water scarce and imported many more
people than we could sustain, created this problem. They even stopped
farmers from putting in dams by taxing them on water in dams, with the
lie "it would have run into our water scheme" and therefore you must pay.

From what I have observed is that WA is the ONLY state in Australia
that has planned ahead uears ago. We have desalination plants and our
dams are now at 43% after the winter rains.

The latest desal plant is bringing in more water than expected with
excess going back into the dams.

Perth is building a second desal plant and other parts of the state
they have desal plants and are building others in other parts of the
state.

If I was the PM I'd forget about the murrey darling basin and build
each state a couple of desal plants whioch are about $350 million
each. Each plant in Perth caters for about 300,000 people.

Perth needs 3 or 4 desal plants and then people can use as much water
as they like

We have never has this major problem before.
Now according to these so called experts, we need an expensive
desalination plant costing more than we would have had to pay, if they
hadn't screwed up in the first place.

All the other states have not planned ahead. Vic to busy upgrading the
MCG to get an extra 10,000 into the ground costing over a $1billion
dollars. They could have built 3 desal plants to cater for over a
million people but they rather have a monument to stupidity than doing
what was required in the first place.

NSW is only just seen the light and their desal plant due to be
finished around 2012 or so. Where they get the water from now is
anyones guess.

All these states stuffing up the hospital and the water system and
building monuments instead of planning ahead.

The same is happening with our power schemes. They haven't planned or
built anything to expand, which was what usually happened when the
Government used to run the show. instead any profits are swallowed up by
so called investors who brought the infrastructure for a song.
Why do we keep selling out to organisations like this?

To pay off ALP debt
The only other way is to raise taxes which no one likes.

Its about time that there was a degree to become a politition.
Too many of them have no idea at all on how to run anything.
The waste that goes on really is incredable.

And these corporations that have directors on multi million dollar
bonuses even in the company is going down the dunny really ought to be
stopped. About time it was capped at $250,000 and no more. Only give
bonus shares oout if these directors turn over a bigger profit, if
they turn over poor profits then they can take a pay cut like everyone
else has to in the real world.