Old 06-10-2007, 03:16 AM posted to aus.gardens
FarmI FarmI is offline

Default Love the lack of water dont you?

"Jonno" wrote in message

Somewhere there is a clause in our English background where
legal people were not supposed to be part of the government for that very
thing.

I think you might be thinking of the Doctrine of the Separation of Powers.
This has nothing to do with whether people with a legal background can be
part of government. It just means that the Judicary, the Executive and the
Parliament must all act independently.

Knowing how to subvert the laws. We see examples of it like
Brian Burke, Honest John Bjelke Peterson Various Ex Victorian premiers
etc...

Yeah, well, all to do with Separation of Powers. Joh never even knew the
term and John Howard would know it but has been chopping away at it for
years:
http://www.onlineopinion.com.au/view.asp?article=4630