Old 06-10-2007, 03:36 AM posted to aus.gardens
Terryc Terryc is offline

Default Love the lack of water dont you?

jh wrote:

If I was the PM I'd forget about the murrey darling basin and build
each state a couple of desal plants whioch are about $350 million
each. Each plant in Perth caters for about 300,000 people.

1) Little John would rather funds parties than build any infrastruture
for Australia. his legacy is going to be the squandering of the good
economic times that PK lined up.

2) Climate change. To power desal, you are going to need a new coal
fired power station. Nukes are not going to happen in my lifetime.

3) Little Johnny's fiddle in the Murray Darling is to shaft the Murray
Darling voters and win votes in marginal city areas. This is why Malcolm
Turnbull is getting shafted atm; he hasn't woken up to it. Little Johnny
doesn't want control of the Murray Darling,because then he would have to
do something. He just wanted to say "well I tried and those nasty nasty
states wouldn't let me"

4) Is this a core promise, non-core core promise, or something else? In
case you've forgotten your bed mate Janet has let the cat out of the bag
with her "promise them anything to get their support and then dump the
idiots" quote.

Now, can we get back to gardening. Please.