Old 06-10-2007, 02:55 AM posted to aus.gardens
FarmI FarmI is offline

Default Love the lack of water dont you?

"jh" wrote in message news:470675a2.392796@news-server...

From what I have observed is that WA is the ONLY state in Australia
that has planned ahead uears ago. We have desalination plants and our
dams are now at 43% after the winter rains.

Is that an across the State figure or just the figure for Perth?

If you want to know some of the figures for the Eastern States then you can
check them out here. You might find that Perths water storage is not
brilliant by comparison.
http://www.sca.nsw.gov.au/ Sydney is at 58%
http://waterinfo.nsw.gov.au/sr/StorageSummary.html Country NSW - some
storage is non existent or dire but some is OK
http://www.melbournewater.com.au/con...s.asp?bhcp=1#1
Melbourne is 40%
http://www.seqwater.com.au/content/s...AndMaintenance
SEQ is 21%

The same is happening with our power schemes. They haven't planned or
built anything to expand, which was what usually happened when the
Government used to run the show. instead any profits are swallowed up by
so called investors who brought the infrastructure for a song.
Why do we keep selling out to organisations like this?

To pay off ALP debt

The only other way is to raise taxes which no one likes.

No it's not. One of the ways that we could have improved services right
across the board is if the current Goverment actually decided to DO
something with the huge surplus it is sitting on.

And the really disturbing thing about this surplus is that most Australians
are too tied to one political party to use their heads and actually think.
The surplus the Government is currently sitting on came about as a direct
result of all the economic reforms put in place under the governments of
Hawke and Keating. There is actually no evidence that the Howard government
are "good economic managers". They just keep repeating that line and
Australian voters are stupid enough to believe it. Hawke and Keating and
the current minerals boom should be thanked by Australians for our current
economic "good fortune". I too could be a "good economic manager" if I
didn't buy food or fuel or anything else. My bank account would be huge but
I'd look like a concentration camp survivor, freeze in winter, go nowhere,
see no-one and I'd want to slash my wrists.