Old 06-10-2007, 03:02 AM posted to aus.gardens
Jonno[_9_] Jonno[_9_] is offline

Default Love the lack of water dont you?

I would prefer to stick to gardening, but they are interfering with
honest folks by their actions, even to the point of not being able to
water the garden unless you have a water tank.
Its sad that we are doing so well. I would like to see some of this
"doing so well" as I find at 60 I am on a pension and not doing so well.

Terryc wrote:
Jonno wrote:
The thing you say that stick out is ALP debt.

Well, a country is like a major corporation, it has to borrow to build
major assets. Just like most people borrow to build a home.

Some major companies also have seasonal income and they will borrow in
periods of low income and repay in periods of high income. For
countries,this period can be decades. As far as I'm concerned labour
whilst in power lined up everything for the next decade of "liberal"
prosperity.

If this is the period of prosperity, and we have borrowed up to the
hilt, how in earth are we going to pay it back? When we have no money?

Kinda ****ed off that that surpkus income wasn't used to get
started on creating major assets like ports, railways, highways, schools
or even hospitals and hospices to look after the people who went through
hards time earlier to give us good times now.

I agree old peoples homes here we come.... Er there nothing set up! What
now babyboomers? Build our own?