Old 04-04-2003, 03:08 AM
Emil

Default Finally, the bareroot bloomed

"Shiva" wrote in message
news:aHlwYXRpYQ==.41a68c82c26a31acfbe8d8939d496415 @1049401945.cotse.net...
Emil wrote:

Yes, there is a great fragrance. How can I explain it, it's like a deep
perfume smell. Smells pretty good. Do you guys think the rose will get
"bigger" in a year or two?

You bet, Emil! At about the third year you will have a feeling of great
satisfaction when you look at your established roses. Don't be too prune
happy in the spring--just cut off what looks diseased, and maybe a bit to
open up the middle so air will flow, preventing conditions ideal ofr

fungal
disease--and maybe trim to shape a little. This way your roses get nice

and
big pretty fast, and you get to see how the rose "wants" to grow--how big,
its natural shape, etc. In this case, patience is a virtue. And water,
water, water! As long as it drains, give them 3 times what you think you
should and they will reward you.

Then I can't wait for 3 years to go by! I am watering them almost everyday.
One more question guys, I'll start a new thread if I have to..
But one of the bareroots I planted at the same time, the "Brandy" rose, it
hasn't grown as fast as these other 3 bareroots. Could it be the nature of
the rose? I should just give it time, that kind of thing?

Thanks,
Emil