Old 04-04-2003, 03:08 AM
Cass

Default Colour of roses best roses for Albuquerque, NM

Susan H. Simko wrote:

Cass wrote:

When I compress the files for internet, some of the richness gets
sucked out. And my browsers don't display jpegs the same, the one thing
IE does better.

And, you can never count on how the end users monitor is calibrated (or,
more likely, *not* calibrated), what brwoser they're using, what OS
they're running, what type of computer they have.... and on and on.
Working as a web administrator/developer for about 8 years now has
taught me that about the only thing I can do is make sure my monitor is
properly calibrated so that I can get the colouring settings as close as
possible without agonizing over it because once it leaves my machine,
it's a crap shoot.

I think that's why to this day, I still prefer print. Printed books,
printed photos, printed catalogs, etc. Most people will be pretty picky
about colour values in printed media and the colours in the media don't
change when sent to me through the mail or however the physical media is
distributed.

All good points, not to mention monitor resolution. I put up an image
once that has a clear impression of the thrip on a light colored rose.
I mean there's no doubt, if you've ever had them. Then I asked someone
if she'd seen the thrips. She said she couldn't see them.

Still, I refuse to give up. Ultimately, if it looks good on my monitor
and satisfies me, the hell with the rest of the world.