Old 06-10-2007, 11:59 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
K Barrett K Barrett is offline

Default Cymbidiums with ants

It's been my experience that ants carry scale and other diseases to my
orchids, so I try to get rid of the ants. But Cymbidiums grow out doors (at
least around here) so its difficult to know how to get rid of them. There's
this orange oil spray you can get in stores that seems to be effective in
getting rid of ants without the use of pesticides. My next ant attack I'm
going to try it.

K Barrett
"Uncle_vito" wrote in message
Are ants harmful to cymbidiums?

If so, is spraying with an insecticide a bad thing to do.

What would you recommend.

Thanks