Old 07-10-2007, 02:22 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
K Barrett K Barrett is offline

Default Kathy's in the news again

The signs will go up tomorrow, and hopefully no one will take them down.
Its the first AOS judging we've done. We belong to the new region, so
it'll take some getting used to for the judges to remember we exist,
too. Its the 3rd show we've done in modern times. We used to do shows,
but then the fellow who led the society died, and no one took on the
task. We finally found a regular venue to hold the show. Hopefully
people will start to look for us annually. If Tom comes it'll make my
year. *G*.

Diana Kulaga wrote:
So you're the show chair, huh? You're brave, KB! And here I took it
literally when you said you'd pulled back from volunteering, LOL! The
article is great publicity.

You can't have too many signs. Here, plenty of judges always make it; can't
speak for your area. We appreciate it immensely that they always come
through for us. Is this really the first judged show you've had? I seem to
remember a post saying that it is. Or is it that there is separate judging
in addition to show judging?

Diana

"K Barrett" wrote in message
. ..
Isn't that a great article? The girls were sooo poised & articulate
during the interview. You'd never guess they were 11 and 12 yo. By
comparison I was tongue tied. All freaking out wondering if we were
coming over well or like idiots. Guess it turned out OK! LOL!! I'm still
freaking out over the show. whether we'll have enough judges, whether the
display will come together OK, whether we should paint the lattice panel
back drops or leave them plain, whether the Community Center will put the
announcement on the leader Board like they said they would. Whether I'll
need more signs for the sides of the road etc etc etc. (Can you tell I've
never been a show chairman before?)

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
http://www.contracostatimes.com/livi...nclick_check=1