Old 07-10-2007, 08:07 AM posted to aus.gardens
FarmI FarmI is offline

Default Love the lack of water dont you?

"cp" wrote in message
On Sat, 06 Oct 2007 11:36:08 +1000, Terryc
wrote:

jh wrote:

If I was the PM I'd forget about the murrey darling basin and build
each state a couple of desal plants whioch are about $350 million
each. Each plant in Perth caters for about 300,000 people.

1) Little John would rather funds parties than build any infrastruture
for Australia. his legacy is going to be the squandering of the good
economic times that PK lined up.

Water is the responceability of the states as is the hospital system
which is in a god awful mess.

So why is John Howard trying to take over control of the Murray-Darling
Basin?

2) Climate change. To power desal, you are going to need a new coal
fired power station. Nukes are not going to happen in my lifetime.

Power stations are owned by the state governemets, blame them for coal
power station building.

So why did John Howard come home form his last trip to the US and announce
within a week that Australia would have 20+ Nuclear Power Staions?