Old 04-04-2003, 04:56 AM
Frank Mamone

Default Nutrafin CO2 system

What could a siphon occur?

"Earl D Fitzgerald" wrote in message

A yeast reactors limiting factor is the level of alcohol that yeast can
handle until it is exhausted. The baking soda buffers the water to

prevent
a large swing in PH inside the yeast reactor.

I found that if you visit a local wine shop or brewing shop you can find
alcohol resistant yeast that is much better than brewers yeast that is

found
in the store. The trick is to catch your yeast reactor before it has
reached the level that the yeast is "dead" from alcohol poisoning.

Remove
the old water retaining the yeast culture at the bottom of the bottle...
add clean water, sugar, baking soda and the yeast reactor is ready for
another 1-2 months.

BTW unless you do something to limit the amount of C02 injected in your
tank, ie add a valve, it is unlikely that you will every have a problem

with
"exploding" CO2 reactor. You should however have a one way value to
prevent a siphon from your tank to the floor. I guessing this is really
the "exploding" CO2 bottle...

Da'fishboy

"linda mar" wrote in message
I understand yeast, but how does the baking soda help prevention of

excess
pressure build up?

linda

"Ross Vandegrift" wrote in message
m...
In article , Carmine J.

Ventura JR wrote:
Does anyone out there have a nutrafin CO2 system ? What EXACTLY are

in
the
CO2 stabilizer and CO2 activator packets? Any feed back as to

weather
this
system is good or bad, please reply.

Yeast and baking soda. It's good for tanks when you want the

assurance
that you won't blow up a tank of yeast and sugar all over your house.

I've gotten good use out of mine, but if I had to go again, I'd skip

it.
It's just been too easy to do the exact same thing with a soda bottle
and homemade diffuser.

--
Ross Vandegrift

A Pope has a Water Cannon. It is a Water

Cannon.
He fires Holy-Water from it. It is a Holy-Water

Cannon.
He Blesses it. It is a Holy Holy-Water

Cannon.
He Blesses the Hell out of it. It is a Wholly Holy Holy-Water

Cannon.
He has it pierced. It is a Holey Wholly Holy Holy-Water

Cannon.
He makes it official. It is a Canon Holey Wholly Holy Holy-Water

Cannon.
Batman and Robin arrive. He

shoots
them.