Old 04-04-2003, 05:08 AM
Judy Ghirardelli

Default Calling Jane in Maryland!

Thanks Shiva.

Jane - while she has your attention, another question (other than - where are
you in MD??):

Any suggestions where I can find my last 3 roses? I've gotten 2 at Homestead
Gardens (Carefree Beauty and Jeanne Lajoie), 1 at Behnkes (Princess Marianna),
and I will soon by 8 more at Behnke's (3 Knockouts, Frederic Mistral, Baby
Blanket, Don Juan, Bonica, and Heritage). (I checked - they have them). What
I have left is William Baffin, Hawkeye Belle, and Belinda's Dream. I plan to
also call a place in B'more and another west of Columbia (the names escape me
- maybe Valley View Farm and Sunset Hills or something)? Are there other good
nurseries you'd suggest for less than common roses like the above? If not,
I'll mail order, but I'd rather get potted roses locally if possible.

Thanks for any help you can give!

Judy

Shiva wrote:

THAT got your attention, didn't it? G

There is another thread in which our dear friend Judy G. wants to know how
to plant roses in Maryland. You are our Maryland girl, so what do you say?
From everything I have read, and remembering the cold winters I grew up
with there, I told her I think I would bury my bud unions maybe an inch or
two underground. What do you do? Since you are there and are successfully
growing gorgeous roses, you are our expert!

Thanks~~