Old 09-10-2007, 11:15 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default My Dog Keeps Killing My Lawn

On 9/10/07 10:37, in article , "Uncle
Marvo" wrote:

wrote this in
, I, Marvo, say :

Can anyone help me with a solution to my lawn problem. My dog keeps
urinating on my lawn (better than in the house) but as a result the
grass discolours in this area a few days later and I end up with a
very patchy lawn.

I dont want to stop my dog going out but I want a beautiful lawn as
well.

Does anyone have any ideas on what I can do about this problem?

I am reliably? informed that you haven't got a dog, you've got a bitch.
Apparently dogs don't have that effect.

You could swap the bitch for a dog.

[expects some rude comments]

Dogs pee still burns but it just does it higher up as a corner of our box
hedge will testify.....
I've seen a dog living aboard a boat trained to go on that fake grass stuff
in the scuppers. That was just hosed down or dunked in the sea. But while
male dogs love what I call 'competition peeing', - ours are great at that
and it sorts out the pecking order - no dogs or bitches like one place that
starts to smell badly, so neutralising the odour and keeping the area very
clean is extremely important.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk