Old 10-10-2007, 08:17 AM posted to aus.gardens
FarmI FarmI is offline

Default Love the lack of water dont you?

"0tterbot" wrote in message

I like Costello, Bishop and Downer too but I'd like to see how they
operate without the dead hand of Howard stuffed up their back before I
vote Liberal again.

just to bring two equally off-topic parts of this thread together
(SORRY!!!!!! :-) b. bishop was on jjj making a fool of herself the other
week concerning the whole illegal-drug conflagration. whether you like her
or not, she was holding a line that illicit drugs are both "more deadly"
and "create more harm" than those which, by historical quirk, are not
illicit.

Ill informed but not surprising.

You will have noticed that regardless of party, regardless of whether they
are bright or dim and regardless of whether we like 'em or hate 'em, they
are all trying to hold a line. It's a doctrinaire, socially conservative
and 'don't rock the boat' line from all of them at the moment. They think
that all of us out here in voter land are stupid. I wish they'd just call
the election so we can get it over and done with.

the other person on with her (one of the drug-dudes from st vincent's in
sydney iirc - i.e. someone whose job it actually is - who is experienced
and informed) held his patience but he was struggling. as was i.

I'd have been throwing something at the radio :-))

i think it's fair to say that the current crop of liberals (sic) have a
massive and insurmountable problem with being simply unable to stick to
the facts. they're not all dead-set dickheads, but it's definitely a case
of he who lies down with dogs wakes up with fleas. and that does no one
any good.

The Liberals (and they are far from being liberal (sic) in any way or form
at this point in time) do have a problem with the facts but then I think
that voters are partly to blame for that. The fact that voters have let
them get away with the lies for so many terms and in some cases (such as the
'queue jumping' refugees) has just encouraged then to keep up feeding us
bulldust.