Old 04-04-2003, 08:20 AM
Allegra

Default Glyphosate

"Huskies4all"

I didn't want to make a big deal about the soil, because his newly
planted apple tree came down with a bad case of death. (*I* had nothing
to do with it, but I strongly suspect my hubby.)

No! why would you think that? I don't believe for a second that he did! ;)

Luckily they moved a couple years after we moved in.

Amen to that. Or you would have had a problem every time they "clean"
whatever was that they wanted to "clean".

As for the pets, I have 2 cats who are indoor only, and two Huskies that
are almost exclusively indoors, also. I figure, why have a pet if you're
going to ignore them?

My sentiments exactly. Colette is now the only child and she is of course
as pampered as an only child can be. She is a good companion and a good
confident, and she sits between me and my keyboard as I am trying to write
this. But when the children were growing up we always had dogs, cats and
birds around. Once we had a turtle -Clotilde- who loved lettuce and shrimp.
Don't ask. I never figured which one of the children gave her the shrimp for
the first time, and although it is impossible to believe, every time we had
shrimp which here in Oregon is rather inexpensive, that turtle re-appeared
from wherever she was hiding to wait for someone to give her some. It was
so weird! Finally she died of old age at the age of 21, which apparently
for a turtle that size was true longevity.

I am glad you could put the ground to good use ;) I am dying to get outside
to play, but as I said early the weather has been horribly wet, cold and windy.
Time to get the Wiltpruf and go for it after finding the galoshes. What kind
of roses do you grow?

Allegra

CJ