Old 11-10-2007, 10:05 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default Dream pond - Next pond will have...

On Wed, 10 Oct 2007 17:13:13 CST, Gill Passman
wrote:

I really wanted to put a waterfall into my new pond. But when I thought
about it and having to run the filter 24/7 I decided it would be a
little unkind to our neighbours - let alone me as we sleep at the back
of the house - I'd be on the loo all the time with all that running
water - lol.....of course at some point I could add another pump just to
run a waterfall so it could be turned off part of the time but budget
kind of dictated that it wouldn't be in the first phase.....

From my understanding waterfalls are good for aerating the water so
maybe not a good idea to totally rule one out - like you I'm thinking
maybe when I get the veggie filter up and running as well as the
conventional purchased one......

Gill

Waterfalls NOISY? I guess if one does high drops and roaring rapids. I so
enjoy mine I use a baby monitor so I can hear it when I fall asleep at
night since our bedroom is at the other end of the house. ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us