Old 19-10-2007, 04:40 PM
hakakahn hakakahn is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill R View Post
hakakahn wrote:
URGENT!! Withering indoor clematis

Ok, so I bought a clematis about 3 weeks ago or more and it is living
inside till it is strong enough to go out in our british weather.
However it has been wilting and looking dry on the leaves ever since.
I tried re-planting into a bigger pot with fresh compost and that
hasn't worked.

I read this;
http://tinyurl.com/ytgprf

Is it this that is causing it? Or this:

I don't know if its what the problem is?:
http://tinyurl.com/2alktv

Would value any advice. Please can somebody help urgently- as I don't
want it to die!!!!!

Plant it outside NOW. Most likely it hasn't been getting enough light.

And, by the way, using fresh compost on a plant that you keep indoors is
NEVER a good idea.
--
Bill R. (Ohio Valley, U.S.A)

Gardening for over 40 years

Digital Camera - Pentax *ist DL

I kept it indoors in it's slightly larger pot as the slugs round here won't be got rid of.
I can put it outside, does it need to go in a bigger pot as I only have pots in my garden?
Also why re the compost? I did it because I've had a lot of root infections in plants and I thought it might be that that might be affecting it. Also I changed the compost cos I always get flies in it! And I wasn't finding advice anywhere else and it was starting to look awful so thought maybe better drainage would suit it.