Old 23-10-2007, 12:21 AM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.gardens

Default Wooden mulch, bird baths, cats

"Newbie" wrote in message
To make a long story short, I am worrying about whether wood mulch
(Cedar Nuggets from Home Depot to be precise) is safe for cats to run
on or jump onto? Or small metal bird baths placed on that mulch?

Nothing bad has happened to our knowledge. But a neighbor's cat
returned with a serious limp in one of the front leg. She'll heal, but
this got him and me talking that while there isn't much we can do about
the outside world, we should cat proofing our yards more consciously.

OH MY GOD.

Do me a favor. Tomorrow morning, when you're sober, post an apology for that
question, OK?