Old 23-10-2007, 01:45 AM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.gardens
Newbie Newbie is offline

Default Wooden mulch, bird baths, cats

Pennyaline wrote:

: I'm concerned about the safety of the birds in such close proximity to
: the cats.

We call it a birdbath because that's what the shop called it, but birds
don't seem to agree and it is merely a decoration. Birds do like to eat
in our yard, but so far our water has not interested them. Maybe there
are other better sources of water nearby.

There are many cats in the neighborhood, and many birds too. With a
little common sense it seems to be working out. Cats are usually well
fed and content. Bird feeders are high, near wires and tree branches
which they use as staging area. I try not to have any thing near the
feeder that would hide cats.