Old 04-04-2003, 08:56 PM
Dave Millman

Default fertilizers

Christopher wrote:

has anyone calculated the amount of flourish fertilizers their tanks require
and then mixed large quantities of various flourish types together (like
flourish potassium + flourish trace + flourish) in the proper proportions.
I was thinking using a big 60cc syringe and drawing out __ mL twice a week

I've done it this way for a year or more. The coolest way to do this, IMHO, is
to use a TMG bottle. It has 5ml-10ml-15ml-20ml-25ml measurements calibrated
right onto a little squeeze section of the bottle. I mix up everything in a 2
week batch, add water to make 280ml (which I have marked on the bottle), and
squeeze out 20 ml every morning. Daily dosing helps me not forget.

I and others have found, however, that KH2PO4 will cause something to
precipitate out of the solution. I've mixed every combination of other dry
ingredients and Flourish products together without precipitation. Just use
enough water!