Old 29-10-2007, 11:30 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Trimming houseplants

"kayla" afwt_hotmail.com@ wrote in message

Well I guess I will leave the datura outside for the winter and hope
for some seedlings in the spring. The forsthysia is a perennial which
I am trying to keep living over the winter. I'm in zone 5.
The hybiscus is a tropical plant.
Thanks.

Lori

The hybiscus (like many plants) will probably go through a period of
adjustment indoors, during which it'll complain, drop leaves, and generally
look awful. If it was healthy outdoors, it'll survive the winter indoors,
but don't try and force it into perfect health. It won't work. Back off on
the water, and don't fertilize at all until it goes outdoors again in the
spring and shows new growth. With less leaf surface, the plant can't process
as much water anyway.