Old 29-10-2007, 07:06 PM posted to rec.gardens
enigma enigma is offline

Default Trimming houseplants

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in
:

I'm not so sure the artificial light is worthwhile, though.
You can't come close to duplicating sunlight without
several thousand watts worth of bulbs.

i dunno. my hibiscus was under 150 watt UVB lights... i have a
few dozen cactii & amaryllis indoors now under my grow lights.
even the weird things like the pomegranite don't lose leaves
here when i bring them in, because they go under the lights.
i have stupid windows (triple pane uv resistant, gas filled,
blah), so i don't get any usable light from outside anymore.
those damn windows completely eliminated the heat gain i was
getting from the sun in winter. save fuel? heh the furnace
runs more & i have to give the plants supplemental lighting.
i want a big metal halide lamp in my dining room
lee