Old 04-11-2007, 07:56 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Default Mini orchid mystery

and I thought it was a basil keikie on the appendiculata.

Well, if it had turned out to be a basil keiki, at least your wench would
have been able to use it in the spaghetti sauce........

Diana ;o)

So this thing hitched a ride into the county without going officially
through customs.... It is an illegal alien BUT I am sure it can't be new
to science. It has to have been described. I have pulled rare albino
forms of speices out of wholesale boxes and found some very neat
mislabeled species in similar orders but I just can't believe it has never
been seen before...

I was hoping that Eric H would see these pictures and recognize it. He
has been very helpful before with ID.

Anybody know Eric Christenson's email address?

"K Barrett" wrote in message
. ..
Chibae?

K Barrett

"Al Pickrel" wrote in message
Growing on the bark to the left of the Phal appendiculata is a very
small
monopodial orchid. Does anybody know what it is. The purple flower on
the
Phal appendiculata is about the size of a #2 pencil eraser which should
give
you some idea of how small a plant I am talking about. If you have any
ID
ideas please speak up.

:-) Thanks.
Al