Old 07-11-2007, 12:57 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
K Byers K Byers is offline

Default Clown Loaches in planted tank?

"Dick" wrote in message
On Mon, 05 Nov 2007 03:22:39 GMT, "K Byers" wrote:

I'm setting up a new (to me) 100 gallon aquarium and planning on using cat
litter as I have with my 45 high and 46 gallon long aquarium. I plan on
putting 2 inches of sand on top of the cat litter.

Would clown loaches dig up the plants in such a tank?

I have 5 five to six inch Clowns in a 75 gallon tank with about 2
inches of sand. In 5 years no problem/

I don't understand the cat litter, I use just sand.

OK, thanks.

I've read that some people have good results with just sand, but my one
experiment with it was not very positive. Of course, there are lots of
factors besides the substrate, and I'm nowhere close to being an expert in
this area.