Old 07-11-2007, 06:22 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
Al Pickrel Al Pickrel is offline

Default Mini orchid mystery --solved-- Malleola seidenfadenii

Thank you! He sent me an email directly.
He taxonified it and published in 1998:
Malleola seidenfadenii Christenson (Lindleyana 13(4):232. 1998)

"Eric Hunt" wrote in message
news
Al,

Sorry, I've been lax at checking ABPO.

It's definitely something in the lesser Sarcanthinae - my best guess is a
Cleisostoma species.

I'm forwarding the images to Eric Christenson. Will let you know what he
says.

-Eric in SF
www.orchidphotos.org

"Al Pickrel" wrote in message
Growing on the bark to the left of the Phal appendiculata is a very small
monopodial orchid. Does anybody know what it is. The purple flower on
the
Phal appendiculata is about the size of a #2 pencil eraser which should
give
you some idea of how small a plant I am talking about. If you have any
ID
ideas please speak up.

:-) Thanks.
Al