Old 10-11-2007, 10:27 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
K Barrett K Barrett is offline

Default Orchid software on Mac

Yes I do.

Sometimes its a bit twitchy. For example today at a show AQ Plus loaded
wrong. I had to close it and reload (which only took a matter of seconds to
accomplish) but in the meantime I was the only judge at the table unable to
pull up awards on Cym tracyanum on my neeto freeto macbook. I felt like an
idiot.

Now that's probably user error. I sling the computer around, carrying from
one place to another and I'm not really gentle with it. But occasionally
these errors happen at home, too. I have to leave a program and restart it
in order to get it to function properly. Having said that, from what I
understand Parallels is more stable than the one that comes with OS X
Leopard, and it has the capability to share programs from XP to OS X, so
IMHO its worth the $90.

I've used the old OS X Tiger and the new Leopard. (Sorry I don't know the
version #s.) and I use XP Pro on the microsoft side

Sometimes when I open XP the computer says the screen resolution isn't
optimal for viewing, and I have to change it. (When I look at the monitor
settings they are at 1200x 800 - which is the max the Mac Book will allow)

Parallels comes with Kaspersky anti-virus software which scans the harddrive
on startup. I finally shut that feature down becasue I don't surf the web
while on the microsoft side of the harddrive, and a virus can't cross the
partition - or not usually from what I understand. That scan would slow the
computer down a bit.

I've had no troubles with Orchid Wiz. I've had troubles using a memory
stick to transfer data when updating the AOS Pacific Central web page and
the California Sierra Nevada web page to my laptop. Parallels asks whether
you want the device to run in Windows or Apple, so there's a step I'm not
used to.

Other than these user errors Parallels works fine and I'm happy with it.

K Barrett

"David Edgley" wrote in message
All,

Do any of you have personal experience running AQ Plus 3.0, Wildcatt, or
OrchidWiz on a Mac using Parallels? Mac OS 10.4 or 10.5?

David