Old 05-04-2003, 06:32 AM
Peter and Susan

Default making standard black pots look more interesting

"glowworm" wrote in message
G'day all,
I have a number of black pots the type you get when you buy
plants from a Nursery. I've planted some herbs in them. However they don't
look all that great. Just wondering if anyone has some low cost tips on

how
to spruce them up a bit. I was thinking of spray painting them a better
colour as a start but I think the paint will peel off too easily. Any

Ideas
?

What about sanding with a heavy grade sandpaper first?

Or just spraying a stencil (try using some interesting leaves as a stencil).

Or wrapping some hessian around the outside and tying off with hemp or sisle
rope.

Or coiling the top and bottom with cheap sisle rope. A spot of hot glue gun
should secure it.

Or hot gluing any manner of found (or bought) objects. How about some
google eyes from a cheapie shop?

Any number of ideas.

Susan