Old 05-04-2003, 07:32 AM
Tazman

Default Bumpy new turf

"jpd1009" wrote in message
.. .
Hi,

I have just had some turf laid (1 week ago so it is still very soft
underfoot) and during the night someone had decided to take a shortcut
across it and has left a number of large footprint size dents over the

lawn.
Any solutions out there on addressing the problem?
I was thinking of getting a roller onto it once it firms up a bit.

thanks

-j

Did you run a plate compactor or roller over it when you laid it,,,

When I had my front yard done .. they ran a plate compactor over it when
they had finished and it was quite firm ... And considering we live in WA
and all there is sand under it was quite surprising...

So I say run a plate compactor over it ,, you can hire them from a hire yard
.. or give it a run over with the roller..