Old 05-04-2003, 07:32 AM
ÑòDd¥

Default hulling home grown coffee beans

my Kenwood processor has a plastic and a multitude of steel blades for
everything
have had it for several years
hope this helps

"Richard Wright" wrote in message
A wonderful harvest of coffee beans in Sydney this year.

Dehulling on mass is a problem. A Queensland Government report on
coffee processing in the home is wonderfully informative and practical

http://www.dpi.qld.gov.au/horticulture/5471.html

One problem though. The report mentions hulling the beans by procesing
them at low speed in a "food processor or similar type of blender.
Plastic blades should be used . . ."

I have tried one or two electrical goods shops and cannot find such a
gadget with plastic blades (presumably provided as an accessory to the
normal stainless blades).

Can anybody point me to a brand?