Old 05-04-2003, 06:32 AM
Chris Garvey

Default the great chilli famine of 2003

Graeme Gardiner wrote:
: Hi All.
: I wonder if anyone can help. I have become interested in chillies over the
: last few years and last year planted a heap of Jalapenos. They didn't
: germinate 'till Nov.This year I acquired a few varieties a and tried to
: germinate late Sep in pots outside. I planted some out in the garden. None
: germinated. I then planted some in a seed raising tray with Yates seed
: raiser, applied heat via a heat pad and controlled with a thermostat at 25
: deg. Up they came but refuse to grow. The crop from last year looks healthy
: enough but no flowers. I'm in Southern Sydney. They are in pots in sheltered
: positions as well as open.Any ideas?

two common problems with growing vege's in pots are too acid mix, and
somewhat related is maybe a lack of potassium. This seems unlikely
since the plants look healthy?

erastoothenes

--
(:

Taking the "paranoid" out of "delusion".
icq #107970956