Old 05-04-2003, 07:32 AM
SG1

Default the great chilli famine of 2003

Graeme
Where did you get the seeds?? I want to grow Jalapenos but don't know where
to get seed. I figure the ones pickled in the jars won't grow!!!! Am in
South Qld 500ks west of Brissy.
Jim

"Graeme Gardiner" wrote in message
Hi All.
I wonder if anyone can help. I have become interested in chillies over the
last few years and last year planted a heap of Jalapenos. They didn't
germinate 'till Nov.This year I acquired a few varieties a and tried to
germinate late Sep in pots outside. I planted some out in the garden. None
germinated. I then planted some in a seed raising tray with Yates seed
raiser, applied heat via a heat pad and controlled with a thermostat at 25
deg. Up they came but refuse to grow. The crop from last year looks

healthy
enough but no flowers. I'm in Southern Sydney. They are in pots in

sheltered
positions as well as open.Any ideas?

Thanks

Graeme