Old 05-04-2003, 07:32 AM
Gabra

Default king protea

Thanks for your suggestions, Jane. My responses below:

"Jane VR" wrote in message
Gabra wrote:
Hi,

My King Protea, since it was planted from the nursery 2 years ago, has

not
flowered once. I planted it with the fertiliser tablet as the nursery
suggested, and have only occasionally thrown some native garden osmocote

on
it. It's sitting in slightly acidic sand, covered by mulch. I notice

some of
the leaves have 'rust spots' on it and assume that this means an

imbalance
of some sort?

Could someone help?

Is it getting lots of sun?

Yes, it gets full sun.

How big is it? If it's still small, waiting another year might help.

It's about 40 cm high, is that still too small?

Maybe take some spotty leaves to the nursery you got it from and ask
them if they look like a problem

Will do, if it still doesn't flower.