Old 15-11-2007, 03:42 AM posted to rec.gardens
Kay Lancaster Kay Lancaster is offline

Default Pet Safe Vines?

Scott Hildenbrand wrote:

As for growing something I know is edible, good Q.. I really don't have
an answer for that one. Though I'm not sure I'd do grapes.. Will have to

No grapes around dogs. There have been a number of reports of fatalities
in dogs with relatively small doses of either.

Purple passion flower seems to also be on the edible list, as well as

Which Passiflora species? At least some of them are toxic. (Sorry, I
don't do common names well.)

Hops might be another possibility, but check on that one with veterinary
toxicologists -- I'm unsure of that, but will throw it out as a potential.
And there are some ornamental hops vines that aren't too bad looking.

Kay