Old 05-04-2003, 06:33 AM
Barbara

Default Scrub/bush turkeys

Augie wrote:
Way down yonder in the pawpaw patch, Barbara was heard to sing:

As you know we are putting in a garden from scratch. I would like to
know what types of recycled timbers you find best?

Your garden sounds so very much like what I like, no set 'theme' but
things I like, in places I like, encouraging the things I like.

You just summed my garden up.
Umm..most of what I have sort of fell of the back of trucks :-)
We often have bits of hardwood & sleepers that are used for packing left
over from deliveries, Bob just bought them home & I placed them around,
never cut one of them, the length determined the shape/length of the garden
bed. I also got some cheap from a salvage store. a lot don't match up in
size, but that doesn't bother me.
I stick to hardwood planks & the odd sleeper that I come across, fence posts
are also good. 2nd hand timber yards are the best places to hunt around.
LOL I also keep an eye out for anyone cutting down trees, sometiimes the
logs/branches are perfect for edging. most people don't seem to mind me
asking for their off cuts, either that or they think I am some sort of
eccentric old lady & they are not game to say no to me:-)

--
Barbara