Old 17-11-2007, 01:31 PM posted to triangle.gardens
[email protected] Liteshoe@gmail.com is offline

Default peppers just now producing...

Prune how? To a nub?
After replanting?
More details, please!
Do they resprout inside, or do you mean you're just saving the mature
rootstock to replant in the spring?
If it's the rootstock you are saving and replanting, there still might
be time. If you're replanting to ripen young fruit, it's probably too
late for mine.
;-)

Peppers also don't set fruit when it's very hot out, so that in combo
with the drought is probably why they didn't bear this summer and are
bearing now.

"ncstockguy" wrote in message
oups.com...

We bought and planted a couple of pepper plants from Lowes last May.
The plants seemed be healthy but did not produce all summer. I was
out doing a little pre winter maintenance work the other day and
noticed they have a bunch of small peppers coming on now.. mid
November. Anyone else have peppers that did this? I am wondering if
Lowes was selling the wrong variety for this climate.... Usually we
get peppers by early July.

I bring 3 to 5 pepper plants every winter in the house to
over winter. Works quite well. My Tabasco Plant in the
garden this year is 3 years old and 7' tall this year. He
won't be coming back in. (I've since learned to prune prune
prune)

3 Habanero plants are bucketed right now and in the garage
for the night before they are brought in the house.

I had some Red Savina Habaneros years ago go 3 to 4 years.
The best years are definitely 2nd and 3rd.

Craig