Thread: Pet Safe Vines?
View Single Post
  #23   Report Post  
Old 17-11-2007, 05:17 PM posted to rec.gardens
Bill R Bill R is offline
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by GardenBanter: Aug 2006
Posts: 231
Default Pet Safe Vines?

enigma wrote:

wrote in
. com:


wild grapes. dogs dont really go for them. all our dogs
eat grapes with no "toxic" effects.



grapes & raisins can cause kidney failure in canines. toxicity
varies from dog to dog, but the damage is cumulative. it is not
wise to let your dogs eat grapes or raisins.
lee


Another problem with unprotected grapes is that, when they start to get
ripe, they draw LOTS of birds. The bird eat and crap (a lot). The bird
do-do carries many diseases that dogs can pick up by just waking through it.
--
Bill R. (Ohio Valley, U.S.A)

Gardening for over 40 years

To see pictures from my garden visit
http://members.iglou.com/brosen

Digital Camera - Pentax *ist DL

Remove NO_WEEDS_ in e-mail address to reply by e-mail