Old 05-04-2003, 07:33 AM
dave

Default "Wildflower seed starter liquid"?

"stolie" stolie666 @hotmail.com wrote in
:

i have a dried packet called WildFlower seeds- Seed Starter, so i
figure it is the same stuff. Unfortunatley there is no ingredients
listing. I got this packet from the Sydney Botanical Gardens, so if
nearby, its well worth getting, as my Strurt Peas have certainly
worked.

"watchcat" wrote in message
u...
Hi
I recently brought a packet of wildflower seeds back from WA - coral

creeper
(kennedia coccinea). Too late, I notice that the instructions for
germination require the use of "wildflower seed starter liquid".
Apparently, you soak the seeds overnight in this stuff plus water.
Having neglected to make the purchase at source, I'm wondering if
anyone can tell me the likely ingredients, so I can make my own?

as far as I know these starter liquids and the dried starter packs are
made by smoke treatment. Usually (in the instance of starter liquids)
bubble smoke through water for what period I am not sure. The smoke is from
burning dried leaves, sticks
etc from where the plant is originally from.

hope this has been some help.