Old 19-11-2007, 03:46 AM posted to rec.gardens
JayDee JayDee is offline

Default Planting Ivy on a second floor balcony!

I was trying to come up with a way to cover the ugly stucco balcony
I've got and it occurred to me that covering it with ivy would be
amazing. However I'm not a gardener by any stretch of the imagination
(as I may have already demonstrated) - but is there any feasible way
to accomplish this? I would imagine that watering the ivy might be
trouble without flooding the balcony! I do have a drain hole in the
center of the long wall on the balcony which I might be able to use.

Any suggestions as to how I might do this and a good place to get ivy
from would be greatly appreciated - and is this something a total
beginner should even attempt???

Thanks!

- JD