Old 19-11-2007, 08:02 PM posted to rec.gardens
Scott Hildenbrand Scott Hildenbrand is offline

Default Planting Ivy on a second floor balcony!

Sheldon wrote:
JayDee wrote:
I was trying to come up with a way to cover the ugly stucco balcony
I've got and it occurred to me that covering it with ivy would be
amazing. However I'm not a gardener by any stretch of the imagination

Ivy is not a good friend of masonary, especially stucco... within a
very few years, by the time it's established, the ivy will cause the
stucco to crumble and fall off your building. Ivy is also a terrific
bug magnet, it you enjoy skeeters eating you alive on yur balcony go
for it. Um, have you considered a fresh coat of paint... and perhaps
a few hanging baskets of annuals

Just for fun I did an image search to see what people were doing with
hanging baskets on balcony's and this came up..

http://www.andyandfrank.com/74%20han...ts%20&%20f.JPG

Anyone know what the plants are in it? Not 100% sure of what they are.