Old 05-04-2003, 06:33 AM
Barbara

Default Down the side of your house...

Chookie wrote:
What do you do with that 1.5-metre-wide dead spot down the side of
your house? Mine runs N-S (ie, gets little direct sunlight). The gap
is fenced near the front of the house, so it's a dead end. The two
windows in that wall need shading. I have thought of putting in a
fern garden with a seat at the end, perhaps with some trees.

If you have a garden down the side of your house, what did you do and
why?

I love the look of pebbles in spots like you describe. pebble the whole
area, just plant a few ferns & native violets, clivias are also good in
this sort of situation, imaptiens can brighten the area up. You can also
put more sun loving plants in pots & I place them around for a few weeks,
them move them out into a sunny area for a few weeks & back again etc.

--
Barbara