Old 21-11-2007, 01:47 AM posted to rec.gardens
JayDee JayDee is offline

Default Planting Ivy on a second floor balcony!

On Nov 20, 1:01 pm, goober wrote:
I was trying to come up with a way to cover the ugly stucco balcony
I've got and it occurred to me that covering it with ivy would be
amazing. However I'm not a gardener by any stretch of the imagination
(as I may have already demonstrated) - but is there any feasible way
to accomplish this? I would imagine that watering the ivy might be
trouble without flooding the balcony! I do have a drain hole in the
center of the long wall on the balcony which I might be able to use.

Any suggestions as to how I might do this and a good place to get ivy
from would be greatly appreciated - and is this something a total
beginner should even attempt???

IVY Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

is the ugly that you refur too ugly to you looking out or people
looking at your house???

if it is for you looking out why not some kind off planter on the floor
with diffrent plants in them

regards

matt

--
goober

it's for me looking out - I've got about 15 feet to cover and can only
afford six inches or so of depth (the whole balcony only extends four-
feet out. What would be a good choice? I'm also looking for something
that doesn't need excessive watering as I don't want to flood the
balcony. Thanks!!