Old 21-11-2007, 05:08 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
K Barrett K Barrett is offline

Default Masd tuerckheimii

I too have fallen for them, which is difficult becasue I live in a hot
dry-ish climate. There are several masd pictures on teh Pacific Central web
page http://www.aospacificcentral.org/ and Eric Hunt's Flickr page
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ericinsf/ to whet your whistle. Sorry about
the sad state of affairs on the Pac Central's index page. I can't figure
out a better way to sort it by aplha & year. But you can kinda/sorta scroll
down to the 'M's and read across. There's a neat group of crosses made with
M. ayabacana that I'm getting interested in. I think there's a pic of masd
Cinnamon Twist http://www.aospacificcentral.org/SFJ...dcintwist.html
and a recent pic of an unnamed Urubamba cross
http://www.aospacificcentral.org/OSC...sdunnamed.html
K Barrett

"keith kent" wrote in message
Hi Kathy,
That`s i little cracker you have there, i have recently decided to collect
Masd`s
Happy Growing
Keith

"K Barrett" wrote in message
. ..
[blush] Thanks Peter!

"P Max" wrote in message

Don't kill it, Kathy. Too good for that! Nice effort - deserves a
cultural certificate!
Peter

"K Barrett" wrote in message
. ..
I think this one is actually Masd. floribunda var. tuerckheimii. I got
it from Rod Venger lo those many years ago (95?? 96??) and it probably
qualifies as my oldest orchid. Watch. Now I'll kill it. Flowers seem
to be amongst and below the foliage rather than above it. I'm not sure
if thats a reflection of my inadequacies as a grower or the plant's
nature.

Speaking of my inadequacies, where's danny been? I miss his pictures
(so very much better than mine.) I know Eric Hunt has been busy at
work etc. and I keep up with him via his flikr site.

K Barrett